“The Pride Ride”: This year, a parade through downtown Battle Creek with floats and music and thousands of people is just not possible. But that’s not going to stop us from having a good time. Starting at 6:00 p.m., you’re invited to decorate your car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, or whatever you drive (or heck, just call an Uber if you have to) and join us as we caravan across the city. Our car parade route is still being planned, but we’ll all end up at a public park to be determined for some pop, some snacks, and some fun conversation.
- Meet in KCC Parking lot on Roosevelt near soccer fields
- Turn left on Roosevelt to North Ave
- Turn right on North Ave to Morgan Rd
- Turn right on Morgan Rd to M66/Capital NE
- Turn right on M66/Capital and follow through downtown up Capital past Horrock’s to Beckley Rd
- Turn left on Beckley Rd go across M66 to Beadle Lake Rd
- Follow Beadle Lake Rd to Main St., follow Main St to Cliff St
- Turn right on Cliff St to Columbia
- Turn right to Columbia by Emmett Police Station
- Turn right on Columbia to Helmer Rd to Territorial
- Turn right on Territorial to 20th Street to Michigan Ave near Leila Arboretum
- Turn left on Michigan to Bedford Rd
- Turn left on Bedford Rd to Dickman Rd
- Turn left on Dickman to Upton Ave
- Turn left onto Upton under metal overpass
- Follow Upton to Music Factory-Party on!!
This route covers a little of each area of town and takes an hour. We will be driving in decorated cars and honking and waving as we go.
**WE WILL BE FOLLOWING ALL TRAFFIC LAWS AND STOPPING AT RED LIGHTS AND STOP SIGNS AS THEY HAPPEN. So we may get separated a little, but it’s ok, we will still follow the route and shake up BC a little!! Happy Pride!!