If you know Tabatha Cain, you know that she loves helping people. She does it for a living as an Insurance Account Manager. She does it for the Battle Creek Pride Board of Directors as the Administrative Assistant. And she does it for her family as a single mom. But there are a few other things you’ll love knowing about Tabatha.
1. She played the trumpet in Marching Band for 6 years during Middle School and High School.
“I started off playing the clarinet and some other woodwind instruments. But after a while, I just wanted to be lewd and crude – so I moved to the trumpet. I still play every so often.”
2. During high school she was a Teacher’s Assistant in Band.
“Growing up, I wanted to be a music teacher. So whenever the Band teacher was busy doing grades or administrative things he’d let me fill in and direct the band. I loved it.”
3. She loves to read books – real ones – not the electronic kind.
“I even love the smell of books. I have a bookshelf that’s full of romance novels, paranormal books, books on mythology. And lately, I’m starting to get into self-help books, too.”
4. She has lost almost 80 pounds in the past two years.
“I have 20 pounds to go to reach my ideal weight. I used to walk a lot, but now I’m trying to exercise and tone more. I’ve learned so much about calorie-counting and nutrition, I’d love to help others learn how to lose weight by setting goals and eating the right foods.”
5. She’s a single mom of a transgender son, and fully supports his journey of self-discovery.
“For me, it was immediate acceptance. When he told me he was trans, I didn’t question it. I just said, ‘If that’s how you feel, great.’ Then I jumped into tons of research. It’s a never-ending journey. He’s always trying to perfect the person he wants to become, and I’m here to help him in any way I can.”